A Little Wisdom
THE CAFETERIA LADYâ€™S
WISDOM FOR THE AGES
- Brevity is the soul of wit...but one sentence term papers will probably get you an â€śFâ€ť.
- A stitch in time saves nine...but a staplerâ€™s a lot faster.
- Scratch my back and Iâ€™ll scratch yours...but next time, Letâ€™s stay out of the poison ivy.
- Nero fiddled while Rome burned...but he still didnâ€™t land a recording contract.
- Paddle your own canoe...but take it out of the bathtub When youâ€™re done.
- Opportunity knocks but once. Itâ€™s the Avon lady who keeps on ringing the doorbell.
- Look before you leap...especially if the pool was just drained.
- Make hay while the sun shines. You could hurt yourself swinging a pitchfork in the dark.
- Rats desert a sinking ship...and immediately change travel agents.
- Itâ€™s always darkest before the dawn. ...especially if youâ€™re in bed with your eyes shut.
- An apple a day keeps the doctor away...unless you accidentally choke on the core.
- After the feast comes the reckoning...and the bill.
- Donâ€™t build castles in the air. How will the mail man get to you?
- Donâ€™t change horses in midstream. Donâ€™t try to jet ski with one either.
- Let the chips fall where they may. But donâ€™t let the dip land on the carpet.
- Leave no stone unturned....but enough about my biscuits.